A favorite material of ancient cultures, amethyst has endured the ages as one of man's most prized possessions. Amethyst ranges in color from a very light lavender to a deep violet shade of purple sometimes with slight hues of pink and red. Banded amethyst or cape amethyst may have lines of agate or chalcedony running through the amethyst. This may also be called chevron amethyst.
The main Canadian source of amethyst is near Thunder Bay, Ontario where mining has taken place intermittently over the last one hundred years. Scientists believe the amethyst find near Thunder Bay to be over one billion years old. Amethyst is found worldwide and has the distinction of being the birthstone for February and the official gemstone of the province of Ontario.
Some believe that amethyst has calming and protective qualities and that wearing amethyst will increase inspiration and intuition.
Some of these bracelets feature black lava stone beads, which naturally diffuse essential oils. Simply add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to the lava stone and enjoy.
Each bead is skillfully polished individually, then drilled to create this colorful bracelet. Connected with jewellery elastic, this bracelet stretches to fit. Perfect for stacking with other bracelets or just to wear on its own. A must-have staple for any jewellery box.
- Features genuine stones
- Inner circumference of each bracelet with chevron amethyst beads:
- 4mm: 168 mm/ 6.6 inches.
- 6mm: 172 mm/ 6.75 inches
- 8mm: 165 mm/ 6.5 inches.
- 10mm: 168 mm/ 6.6 inches.
- 12mm: 160 mm/ 6.25 inches.
- 14mm: 160 mm/ 6.25 inches.
- Inner circumference of each bracelet with chevron amethyst beads and lava stones:
- 6mm + Lava Stone: 165 mm/ 6.5 inches.
- 8mm + Lava Stone: 175 mm/ 7 inches.
- Modelled on an 165 mm/ 6.5 inch wrist.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
*This piece contains authentic stones, and no two are exactly alike. The item you receive may have slight variations from the one photographed.