Lightning Blue Chrysocolla Pendant
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Chrysocolla is closely related to Azurite and Azurite-Malachite. They are often found in copper mines, along with turquoise and sometimes with malachite or lapis. These minerals are among the most colorful in the mineral world. The minerals themselves are becoming scarcer as copper mines seem to be closing around the world. The crystal formations on these pieces are often beautiful. These minerals often occur right next to each other.
Azurite refers to the deep blue, almost navy colored mineral. Azurite-malachite is the green and blue combination of azurite with green malachite. Chrysocolla is more of a turquoise color with green and blue, an almost aqua or teal colored mineral. On occasion, these minerals form massively and we are able to cut them into jewellery. They are incredible as a jewellery stone as the colors and patterns are very unique. Expert gem cutters carefully select the rock and cut to produce the stones with the best color patterns.
Azurite and azurite-malachite are said to enhance the flow of energy through the nervous system. They are said to help the body utilize oxygen as well as strengthen the blood. Chrysocolla is said to aid in preventing digestive and arthritic ailments. It is also said to alleviate guilt and tension. Whatever your belief's, may you enjoy your unusual piece as it is truly unique. Mineral specimens are a scientific find to be treasured and preserved for future generations. If your specimen is fashioned into jewellery, please enjoy it for years to come.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 32 mm x 22 mm x 5 mm
- Bail length: 10 mm
- Features a genuine stone.
- This item includes an information card about the stone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.