Black Onyx Pendant
- Authenticity Guaranteed
- Information Card Provided
- Tracked Shipping
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Black onyx is a form of chalcedony, which is a variety of quartz. Black onyx or black agate is most commonly recognized as a solid black stone although it will often be mixed with white lines or banding running through it. This banding can create some unusual patterns within the stone. Expert gem cutters carefully select the rock and cut to produce the stones with the best color patterns. Whether solid black or striped, the stone is prized for its pure black sheen and high polish. The stone is most commonly used for jewellery.
Black onyx was used for jewellery by many ancient cultures. It has been found in tombs in ancient Egypt, and onyx is mentioned in the Bible. The stone is believed by some to relieve stress and enhance self-control.
- Set in sterling silver.
- Gemstone with setting: 17 mm x 12 mm x 7 mm
- Bail length: 7 mm
- Features a genuine stone with a cabochon finish
- This item includes an information card about the gemstone.
- A certificate of authenticity is included with this item.
- This stone requires special care - exposure to water and other chemicals, such as lotions or perfumes, will damage it over time. If you polish the jewellery, avoid polishing the stone itself. A silver-cleaning dip should never be used with this piece.
*Sterling silver chain is not included. It is available for purchase here.
Any item(s) purchased will be shipped within 48 hours, however most are processed within 24 hours of the confirmation of your order.
We use a tracked service for all items.
According to the postal service, US & Canadian parcels should arrive within 6 business days, international items should arrive within 11 business days after dispatch. Please be aware that these are subject to change and delays can occur outside of our control.
You can view the entire shipping policy here.